- Job type Permanent
- Salary competitive
- Location San Mateo, California
- Sector Clinical Research
My client is a global healthcare company whose mission is to treat highly unmet clinical needs through the innovative science and technologies they develop.
This new role will be responsible for leading a clinical program through its life cycle which may include multiple clinical trials. As a key member on the clinical team, the Medical Director/Senior Medical Director will provide medical expertise to cross-functional teams. They will participate in strategy development and collaborate with a variety of internal and external partners and stakeholders including scientific advisory boards.
The Medical Director/Senior Medical Director will be responsible for:
- Leading the design, review, execution, medical oversight, and analysis of the company's clinical studies to ensure rigorous and compliant study conduct and patient safety
- Providing experienced, critical insights and contributions to the overall development and effectiveness of the company's product development programs
- Providing oversight to clinical data collection and quality assessment
- Contributing to the overall strategic direction of the company's clinical organization
Who You Are
- Successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of experience in clinical research. Working knowledge of clinical product development.
- Clinical research and product development experience in pulmonary disease is a plus
- Broad experience in the principles and techniques of data analysis, interpretation and clinical relevance
- Working knowledge of pharmacovigilance and drug safety support for internal and external customers
- Understanding of clinical study conduct including relevant regulations such as GCP
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently, proactively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Significant interpersonal skills, including ability to work effectively cross culturally and cross functionally
- Communicating effectively with team members, and the broader organization
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry a plus
- Medical Degree required
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please message me with your availability to schedule a time to speak.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.