Physiology Research Engineer
- Job type Permanent
- Salary £120000 - £130000 per annum + competitive
- Location Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- Sector R&D
A top tier global medical device company located in Eden Prairie, MN is currently seeking a Principle Physiology Engineer to join their R&D engineering team.
General Job Overview:
This role would be for Principal/Sr Physiology engineer who has a varied experience in both catheter design and testing to set up a lab in Eden Prairie. The engineer would be focusing on one primary catheter design that is a pressure sensor/microsensor for interventional cardiology. This engineer would be responsible for setting up the lab and working with a technician in Fremont, CA to facilitate the transport of the rest of the equipment. The engineer would be overseeing catheter test design and build quality for 18 months before starting to experiment with some new product designs. The engineer would additionally be responsible for one direct report.
- Provide Technical and Project Leadership within the Design Services Group. Lead projects from concept phase through verification and validation activities and through appropriate transfer to production activities.
- Identify development needs and potentials of employees, take a hands on approach to improving their skills and expertise through training and product assignment.
- Coordinate with team members, internal and external suppliers, and outside professionals to ensure project output meets user's needs.
- Be motivated to take a leadership position on the team/actively seek out leadership qualities and experience
- Characterizing performance for catheters, test equipment, and using IET test apparatus
- Interventional Experience specific to EP Devices, Catheters, and Guidewires
- US FDA QSR and ISO 13485 requirements for design
- B.S. degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
- 7 or more years of experience in R&D or process development
- 3 or more years of medical device or other regulated FDA/QSR and ISO environment
- 2 or more years of experience providing work direction to other engineers/technicians
- Interview process for this position would involve telephone call with hiring manager and a final on site interview. If this is something that is interesting to you please send your resume or call me directly at 312-453-9077 and ask for Ben.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.