Project Manager, Development
Reporting to the VP Program Management, the Contract, Project Manager - Development will be responsible for establishing project milestones on one or more of Vedanta's development programs. This will be an intricate part of advancing programs from development into clinic, helping to establish best practices in our growing organization.
Here's What You'll Do
- From project objectives, establish project milestones, manage work plans/vendor budgets, determine how to use and ensure adequate resources are assigned to meet project objectives.
- Manage daily project management activities, including project schedule development, team leadership, project communication, staffing assessment, status reporting, and resource plan development, and external /vendor needs/budget and invoice review. Identify and track critical path/activities, risks, contingencies and alternatives.
- Collaborates with team members, functional managers to assure integration of project and functional goals towards achieving project milestones and timetables. Works with project team to identify risks, contingencies and alternatives.
- Responsibilities include preparing meeting agendas, recording and issuing meeting minutes, tracking action items, coordinating global and sub-team activities and disseminating project
- Supports team members, overall team function and department managers in their strategic function in support of project.
- Recommends processes or procedures that facilitate project operations. Provides input into company resource planning, project management processes.
- Requires BS/MS in life sciences, and a minimum of 8 years' experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment with 5 years in project management.
- Fundamental understanding of drug development processes and strategies and demonstrated experience managing interdisciplinary development teams is required.
- Skilled in MS Office tools and MS Project software.
- Experience with NIH/BARDA grant management a plus.
If you or a Project Manager you know feel this could be an opportunity you would like to explore please send your most up to date resume to myself at Sara.Shields (at sign) Realstaffing.com to discuss this role.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.