The Quality Assurance Technician will be responsible for various testing and regulatory requirements for HACCP, SSOP and GMP's within a Food distribution company. He/She will work closely with the Quality team to assure compliance with quality and production related SOP's and reinforce GMPs and quality standards. Previous experience in the food industry is preferred, meat experience is a plus.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily QC tasks including ATP and TVC swabs, allergen testing, temperature checks, and environmental testing.
- Reviews the HACCP documents for all facilities.
- Performs preshipment reviews in accordance with USDA regulations.
- Conducts final inspection of all product prior to shipment including label and box checks.
- Monitors GMP's, food safety procedures, samples and the verification and validation of processes as it relates to food safety and quality.
- Assists the Quality team with continuous improvement by providing statistical data and controls.
- Responsible for calibration of all required equipment on or before the required date.
- Assists with safety and food safety internal and external audits as needed.
- Performs investigations as it relates to nonconforming processes and products.
- Perform Direct Observations of CCP compliance on a routine basis
- Inspects returned product and provides disposition
- Verifies SQF processes are followed by sanitation, production, warehouse, maintenance and purchasing.
- Other duties as it pertains to food safety and quality
- Must have a high school degree with a minimum of two year technical degree or 3 years of food experience is preferred.
- Strong computer and analytical skills.
- Good communicator and able to assist Team Leaders with training and assist in other areas.
- Knowledge of written and oral English is required.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.