Role: R&D Engineer - Product Design
Location: Parkmore, Galway
Benefits: Salary, Healthcare and Pension contribution.
You will be working in a Medical Device company (250-300 employees on site) in a fast-paced dynamic R+D team. They have two facilities in Ireland, with Galway being home to their International Research & Development Centre. In the outsourcing field of medical devices, my client helps customers advance devices from early stage funding to commercialization
What I will be doing as an R&D Engineer?
- Support or lead development of new products meeting business needs and through the adherence to internal procedure and regulatory requirements.
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Analyze data and makes recommendations for change to products and processes.
- Review product designs, test protocols and co-develop critical characteristics/tolerances for initial testing, validations and subsequent routine manufacturing controls.
- Participate in design evaluations where appropriate.
- Support product development builds including prototype and pre-production build
Continuous Improvement Support
- Support design and process improvement activities.
- Act as an advocate for continuous improvement activities using statistical techniques, lean manufacturing tool, six sigma, design experimentation for products and equipment, to achieve targets.
What I need to be an R&D Engineer - Product Design?
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in engineering or material Science.
- 2 to 6 years of experience preferably in the medical device industries or other comparable industries (e.g. electronics, automotive etc...)
- Proficiency and experience in 2D and 3D CAD Modelling using Solidworks or equivalent is an advantage.
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity with a leading company going through an exciting growth phase please respond with an updated CV or call me on 01 888 3477 for immediate consideration.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales