As the Senior Automation Engineer you will be responsible for Providing technical leadership and support on control systems and applications to engineering, maintenance and process engineers across Manufacturing and R&D as required. You will also be responsible for Preparing specifications, protocols, procedures and other documentation as required. You will Proactively work with the business in developing key dashboards, automated and ad-hoc reports and availability to data to support visibility of processes and investigations as required.
For this role it is important to have experience on Rockwell systems such as Siemens PLC or Allen Bradley. You should have knowledge of databases such as SQL. Awareness of OSI PI is beneficial.
- As the senior automation engineer you must ensure all work is executed in a safe, effective and compliant manner, adhering to site safety, GMP and IT procedures.
- Provide technical leadership and support on control systems and applications to engineering, maintenance and process engineers across Manufacturing and R&D as required.
- Prepare specifications, protocols, procedures and other documentation as required
- Proactively identify opportunities, anticipates problems and implement solutions as per the site Process Support Model.
- Provides leadership in developing further IT standards as required.
-Degree in Automation Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience.
-Excellent control systems knowledge. Experience of Allen Bradley or Siemens PLC and iFIX / FTView SCADA essential. Exposure to Bar Coding, RF Systems, Vision Systems, Werum PAS-X and OSI PI Historian is an advantage.
-Project Management skills
-Excellent knowledge of databases and report packages an advantage
-3 - 5 years experience in a role that meets the above requirements.
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales