A top tier global medical device company located in Lake County, IL is currently seeking a Principle Packaging Engineer to join their engineering team.
General Job Overview:
This position is a Principal Packaging Engineer position within Engineering Group. With some supervision, performs sustaining engineering activities on current product packaging and packaging processes with priorities based on quality and compliance, continuity of supply, and cost savings initiatives. When applicable, will support new product development teams by acting as an extended team member to provide the design, development and verification testing of new product packaging and assist the manufacturing plants in qualification of new packaging processes. This position applies a solid understanding of theories/practices utilized in the field of packaging. Primary products to be supported/packaged are flexible IV solution containers ranging from 25mL to 6L in size, glass vials/bottles, and a variety of sterile and sterile fluid path disposable sets/devices. The position will include exposure to several types of packaging materials and processes including flexible and rigid films, HDPE and foil pouches, corrugated design and protective packaging, thermoforming, flow-wrap, form/fill/seal, printing technologies and other related packaging processes. The position will require travel to the manufacturing plants and packaging suppliers.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Must have experience or advanced training and demonstrate proficiency in packaging materials and processes, problem analysis and resolution, statistical methods, and design of experiments.
- Proficient in applicable change control and development methodology and processes required to execute packaging projects.
- Successful track record of managing packaging projects possessing a sense of urgency and commitment to meet project milestones to ensure manufacturing plants and R&D teams achieve targeted goals.
- Cross-functional team experience, including technical and non-technical work.
- The ability to deal with ambiguity and effective use of creative problem solving skills.
- Embrace Lean Principals and utilize concepts such as standard work to drive continuous improvement.
- Ability to organize and present technical and project management overviews with minimal assistance.
Education and/or Experience
- B.S. in Packaging or relevant Engineering degree (e.g. Mechanical, Chemical, Biomedical) with a minimum of 3 years of experience working in the field of packaging. Experience in the healthcare industry preferred.
Interview process for this position would involve telephone call with hiring manager and a final on site interview. If this is something that is interesting to you please send your resume or call me directly at 312-453-9077 and ask for Ben.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.