Senior Quality Engineer
- Job type Permanent
- Location Galway, Republic of Ireland
- Sector Quality Assurance
My client are seeking a Senior Quality Engineer to join them on a permanent basis. They have a reputation as a significant and valued employer in Galway. They were first established over 20 years ago are one of the world's most reputable manufacturers in the development of minimally-invasive medical devices. Their company has seen expansion and investment in recent years and their site in Galway is the centre of excellence for manufacturing and R&D.
You have 5+ years' experience in quality engineering/similar the medical device or healthcare industry. You have some people management experience. You have strong working knowledge of ISO13485 and experience in validation engineering. You are currently a Senior Quality engineer or an experienced Quality Engineer keen to progress to the next level. You have a Bachelor of Engineering, Sciences or equivalent (level 8/Honours).
You will demonstrate commitment to the quality policy through your daily execution of sound quality practices and the maintenance of an effective quality system. You will understand and comply with all the regulations governing the quality systems. You will be managing and supporting your team of direct reports (Quality Engineers, Quality Technicians, Quality Inspectors) to do the same.
Permanent contract, competitive salary, healthcare cover for you and family, annual bonus. Plenty of opportunities for development.
Some of the duties of Senior Quality Engineer include:
- Selecting appropriate techniques for problem solving and makes solid and consistent Engineering and Quality Assurance recommendations.
- Participating in Customer Complaints investigation for areas under their control.
- Being viewed as a leader in the areas of QSR and ISO/MDD standards within one's own group, constantly promotion awareness of best industry practices making appropriate decisions on a daily basis using the Quality Engineering Manager/Site QA Director as the final arbitrator on critical quality decisions.
- Reviewing and approving operational, test and validation data to establish technical specifications and performance standards for newly designed or modified products and processes.
- Championing continuous improvement and innovation from a quality perspective within the department right from vendor selection/approval through to customer awareness/satisfaction.
- Giving technical guidance to Quality Engineers, Associate Quality Engineers, Technicians and Inspection staff.
- Dealing with suppliers, other engineering disciplines within and outside of Site and customers should the need arise.
Interested in this opportunity in Galway? Think the position is the step in the right direction for you? Don't hesitate in applying. The market is booming for Quality Engineers, if you're looking to broaden your horizons in a new role then I want to hear from you. *EU passport/Stamp 4 Visa needed for consideration.
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales