- Job type Contract
- Salary US$30 - US$45 per hour + competitive
- Location Boston, Massachusetts
- Sector R&D
Senior/ Research Associate (In Vivo)
A leading company in the microbiology industry making breakthrough discoveries in modulating the human micro biome. This company is well-funded and backed by a strong leadership team and a first-class scientific team that is pioneering a brand new therapeutic approach to modulation. This modulation research will result in cutting edge ways to treat multiple different diseases including immune, infectious, and metabolic.
This company is seeking a Pharmacology expert who is proficient in PCR and bacterial DNA isolation. The successful candidate will sustain discoveries in live bacterial consortia development for therapeutic applications by executing animal procedures of infection and execute microbiology assays.
- Execution of microbiology-based assays
- Animal handling
- Animal dosing
- Sample and tissue collection
- Bacterial culture
- DNA/ RNA isolation
- General laboratory operations
- Implement animal models of infection
- Assist and collaborate with a microbiology team to upkeep the company's micro biome drug discovery platform
- Experience in conducting pharmacology and microbiology studies
- Must be comfortable being responsible for coordinating tasks with members of the molecular biology, immunology and bioinformatics teams
- Skilled in executing microbiology assays for bacterial quantification and characterization
- Detail oriented and comfortable working with assay formats
- BS required; emphasis in pharmacology, microbiology or molecular biology
- 1-4 years' experience in animal procedures required
- Previous experience in research and skilled in basic microbiology and molecular biology techniques
- 1-4 years' experience in a biological sciences lab, full-time, post-grad
- BSL2 microbiology experience
- Master's degree
- Highly motivated and organized
- Willing to work on and contribute to a team
- Works well in a group/ team environment
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Prism, etc.
- Broad understanding of the micro biome
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.