The incumbent will be responsible for assisting the Quality Manager with day-to-day operations of the Quality Department. This includes SQF and GMP audits, managing labels, process changes, and training new and existing personnel in quality-related decisions.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements quality procedures for each process, adhering to the industry guidelines. Will conduct checks to assure that the requirements of the procedures are met. If a problem is identified, will complete and work with supervisor to assure corrective action is taken.
- Maintain regulatory programs (HACCP, SSOPs, SPSs), verifying that they are properly implemented, understood, routinely assessed, improved upon, and well maintained.
- Ensure that GMPs and food safety procedures are understood, instilled at all levels of employment, and monitored throughout all areas of the facility and levels of employment.
- Prepares on-going quality documentation by collecting, analyzing, and providing supervisors with feedback on improvements as needed.
- Work closely with the new product development group on testing, and will work with production during the testing and development phase.
- Will be responsible for all non-conforming products that are returned, and will conduct the analysis and documentation needed to ensure that corrective and preventative action is taken so as to prevent future customer problems.
- Assures consistent quality throughout the organization by conducting analysis and identifying critical limits, monitoring procedures, inventories of commodities, in-process products, and finished goods.
- Coordinate with Team Leaders on work-area requirements, cleaning, and repairs to equipment and buildings.
- Will be responsible for assuring that the training of HACCP and SQF requirements has taken place for all new and existing employees. Will audit training to assure that people understand the requirements, both from a personal and operational standpoint.
- Audit the HACCP paperwork to ensure all paperwork is complete and accurate.
- Complete pre-shipment reviews checks, when needed.
- Perform internal quality/food safety audits for the facility
- Ensure that testing programs are designed, implemented, routinely assessed, improved upon, and well maintained. These programs include, but not limited to: the collection of environmental monitoring swabs for Listeria spp.; the execution of ATP bioluminescence monitoring of equipment; the collection of finished products and incoming goods for microbial testing and chemical analysis, as directed by the company.
- Instill ownership to departmental functions by involving them with responses to NCRs, HACCP deviations, SSOP non-compliances, GMP infractions, etc.
- Monitor label quality checks
- Perform USDA label approval process and be main point of all label approvals
- Perform Quality Technician duties as needed
- Bachelor's Degree with a preference given to a focus in Food Science, Animal Science, or a related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with at least three (3) years of experience supervising a team.
- Completed HACCP training, accredited by the International Meat and Poultry HACCP Alliance preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, and procedural manuals
- Strong computer skills in utilizing an ERP system and Microsoft Suites.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must be available for outside traveling as required (typically for training purposes).
- Industry Experience considered a plus.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.