Sr. Software Engineer
- Job type Contract
- Salary US$40 - US$70 per hour + competitive
- Location Minnetonka, Minnesota
- Sector Medical Devices, Engineering, Embedded Software, Software Testing , Application Engineering , Electrical, Controls and Instrumentation , Electronics, Embedded Software , Test and Verification
Position: Sr. Software Engineer
Contract: 6 month-1 year
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Who are we?
- We are a global provider of intraoperative imaging solutions..
- We design, create and support the world's most advanced hybrid surgical theatres(set ups), aggregating life-changing technologies and integrating them into
- 100 employees globally- 70 total at this site, 20 engineers currently. Exposure to many different facets of the business with their small tight knit company
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for developing reliable software that will enable Deerfield Imaging to deliver high quality medical products.
Working with other staff, they will define and develop requirements as needed within a clinical setting. The Senior Software Engineer will participate in the entire software development cycle for software applications and improve the performance and reliability of existing software systems. To be successful, the Senior Software Engineer will manage project deliverables along with daily tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generates and decomposes requirements for software development projects
- Defines and develops custom hardware/software interfaces
- Demonstrates good understanding of software coding techniques to produce highly efficient software implementations
- Debugs and integrates software on product hardware, including board bring-up diagnostic software
- Develops and executes software unit and functional tests
- Contributes to completion of various project activities, from definition, identifying software functional requirements, implementation, code reviews, and final release according to medical device development processes
- Conducts software verification and validation, including automated and regression testing
- Assists the team in developing product specifications, including software development plans, design documentation, input to risk analysis, and formal review using the Deerfield Imaging development process and Quality systems
- Provides an effective bridge between software and hardware personnel and lead/coordinate timely completion of the technical deliverables
- Demonstrates ability to debug complex software implementations using standard debugging tools
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- 3-5+ years of industry experience as a developer of product software
- 3- 5+ years of modern object-oriented programming experience such as C++, C#, Python or Java
- Familiar with FDA QSR, and ISO 13485 regulations, IEC 62304 standard, design controls or other regulated industry design standards and regulatory approval methods
- Experience with USB and I/O peripherals interface programming
- Experience with a variety of operating systems (e.g. Windows, Linux, mobile, embedded)
- Excellent documentation skills (highly regulated development environment)
- Experience writing drivers in a bare metal environment for a variety of applications
- Experience with motor control applications
- Experience with reading schematics and datasheets
- B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or an equivalent qualification
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.