Staff Engineer - Prototypes
- Job type Permanent
- Salary Bonus
- Location Galway, Republic of Ireland
- Sector Medical Devices
Title: Staff Engineer - Prototypes Device Engineering
Location; Parkmore, Galway
Benefits: Excellent salary, pension, healthcare and yearly bonus.
My client is ranked among the top 10 global companies in the medical device outsourcing industry, they specialize in the design and manufacture of minimally invasive delivery and access devices for a range of therapies. Headquartered in Galway, they has a global operational footprint with design and manufacturing facilities spanning the U.S., South America, Europe and Asia.
- As a Staff Engineer you will work closely with the prototype manager, customers and internal stakeholders to develop prototype solutions for new and novel catheter applications in their key value driver therapies.
- Lead technical engineer for the portfolio of Device prototypes currently been produced in Galway
- Steer the prototype group and stakeholders ensuring the correct technologies and test equipment are identified and used.
- Knowledge of catheters and access technologies in at least one of the following therapy areas: structural heart, coronary and neurovascular applications.
- Lead project teams to deliver projects against agreed milestones with DS customers.
- Influence the project scope, change request management and technically lead the respective projects.
- The staff Engineer will be responsible for the technical leadership and deliverables for the project.
- Customer management: The staff engineer will have responsibility for customer interaction specific to the project.
- Drive project improvement activities using statistical techniques, lean manufacturing tools, Six Sigma, design experimentation for process and equipment, to achieve targets and manufacturing costs.
- Partner with customers, suppliers, vendors and internal cross-functional teams to deliver project goals. Build and maintain a network of relationships in all Functions (R&D, Sales, Finance, Purchasing, Quality and manufacturing).
- Contribute to business development opportunities including customer visits.
- Bachelors or Masters in Engineering/Science or similar technical field.
- 7+ years experience in medical devices, with exposure to medical devices and catheter technology a distinct advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, in particular focusing on working with customers and the leadership of teams.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in the design of composite shafts and their manufacturing processes, including,
- Braiding, Coiling, welding, coating and Catheter assembly methods.
- Braiding, coiling, lamination and tipping.
- Knowledge of their end use invasive procedures.
- Laser cutting and welding (optional).
If you are interested in applying or have any questions on this position call/ email on the details provided and I am happy to help.
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales