I have an immediate opening for a Supllier Engineer in a medical device company that are devoted to advancing the science of healing and positively impacting patient care. Located in Athlone.
This could be your chance to work for a company that really wants to make a difference in patient's lives.
This is a permanent position with a competitive salary and comes with fantastic benefits.
What will I be doing as a Supplier Engineer?
- Ensure product availability from manufacturing partners to meet the business need.
- Manage & partner with suppliers to develop business relationships that deliver effective operational control to agreed service levels.
- Manages and negotiates contractual terms as necessary with suppliers to assure long term stability of supply and cost effectiveness
- Plan, support and implement projects with suppliers and key internal partner organizations to drive effective supply, cost control and timeline compliance.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure stability of the supply chain, develop & implement risk management processes to ensure no risk of supply.
- Responsible for negotiating and establishing contractual terms for assigned partners to ensure the business needs are met.
- Manage supplier pricing reviews and COGS reduction projects to drive reduced Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Works with suppliers to reduce lead times and increase overall supply chain agility.
- Engage with Franchise team to support strategic projects including RFP/RFQ process for new and existing business programs with 3rd party suppliers.
- Ensure suppliers achieve 98.5% weekly product availability through ongoing management of the supply base, risk assessments, contracts, and periodic business reviews with suppliers.
- Engage & develop continuous supply chain improvement practices to support the continued focus on delivering improved value and service levels.
- Conducts supplier landscaping activities, develops selection criteria to support new supplier identification and evaluation to ensure selection of qualified sources for new product and manufacturing needs.
- Establishes supplier benchmarking processes & contributes to business reviews to drive and improve supplier performance.
- Engages with key stakeholders [Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, Finance, Franchise team, Regulatory, etc.] to ensure timely delivery of business projects.
- Participates and engages in Make Buy reviews & decisions.
What do I need to apply for Supplier Engineer?
- Minimum 7 years experience in a 3rd party supply chain management environment.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Procurement, Supply Chain Management or related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in managing & developing supplier relationships including contract negotiation.
- Management of annualized standard cost settings, pricing, & cost out programs.
- High understanding of Compliance requirements and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)including validation requirements and Regulatory expectations.
- Working knowledge of Quality Systems (FDA/ISO) within a regulated environment.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings/specifications/familiarity with contract terms and conditions, statements of work.
- Competent user of MS Office tools [Access, Excel, Project, Word, Powerpoint].
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Strong leadership, decision-making & problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP /ASCP system or similar database system and Business Objects software program
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in hearing more don't hesitate in applying. Don't miss out on this opportunity to become part of a leading company going through an exciting growth phase. Please respond with an updated CV
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales