Associate Scientist (biochemical)
One of our clients is looking for an Associate Scientist for 40 hours a week, beginning in January and with a duration of 6 months in Leiden.
Associate Scientist (biochemical assays and antigenicity screening)
The Associate Scientist will be working at the Bacterial Vaccine department to join the Biochemical assays and in vitro Antigenicity Screening group. You will be part of a dynamic and highly motivated team driving the characterization/ and evaluation of large molecule entities that are being developed in different vaccine programmes. During your work, you will interact with various Bacterial Vaccines teams, and with Vaccine support departments. You will be expected to perform laboratory work in person and help contract research organizations (CROs) plan and execute their assignments.
The Bacterial Vaccines department is strengthening its biochemical assay capabilities, which are centred mainly on carbohydrate, protein and glycoprotein antigens. This position has therefore a strong focus on biochemical and immunological expertise. Apart from Bacterial Vaccines own resources, access to complementary analytical facilities is also possible within the company.
- Analysis of antigen-antibody interactions
- Develop new biochemical methods such as dot blots, capillary western blot, ELISA or biosensor based binding assays (evaluate LoD, LoQ, accuracy, etc.)
- With help from product development specialists, design and implement biochemical assays for in-process control (IPC), product characterization, and product release.
- Start date: beginning of January
- Project length: 6 months
- Location: Leiden (The Netherlands)
- Bachelor or master degree in Biological Science.
- Must have 2-4 years or relevant experience in academia or biotech industry
- Must have knowledge of biochemistry and/or biochemical literature with emphasis on biochemical assay development, optimization and troubleshooting
- Must have Hands on experience on colorimetric assays, ELISA, Cell based assays, labelling of biomolecules
- Experience with Biochemical analysis of carbohydrates, proteins and glycoconjugates
- Knowledge of protein purification methods
- Familiarity with automated or semi-automated instrumentation and familiarity with the multi-disciplinary activities involving antigen-antibody interactions.
- Very good knowledge on bacterial cell surface molecules
- Hands on expertise on biochemical analysis of large biomolecules with focus on antigen-antibody interactions
- Experience and knowledge on chemical modification of microbial surface components
- Significant knowledge on purification and enrichment of large biochemical entities
- It would be an advantage to have SPR/ Biolayer interferometry/Mesoscale thermophoresis/ITC based screening of biochemical interactions etc.
Are you the Associate Scientist I'm looking for? Please contact Femke Fokkema via 020 522 1588 or f.fokkema[at]realstaffing.com