Associate Scientist (DSP)
One of our clients is looking for an Associate Scientist for 40 hours a week with a duration of a year, beginning in February 2020 in Leiden.
Associate Scientist Downstream Process Development
The Associate Scientist will be part of a dynamic team driving production and characterization of bacterial vaccine candidates, mainly consisting of protein- and glycoprotein antigens. During your work, you will develop and operate a broad range of biopharmaceutical DSP units, from high-throughput screening and development scales, up to 10L scale, and you will interact with various Bacterial Vaccines teams, Janssen Vaccine support departments and external organizations.
The Associate Scientist DSP will apply her/his solid understanding of scientific and/or engineering principles and professional practices to contribute to the scope of the Downstream Process Development team, purifying bacterial antigens to facilitate early-stage vaccine development and developing downstream processes for late-stage development programs.
You will prepare, perform and document experiments in an ELN environment following established methodologies, while adhering to GLP and data integrity practices. Execute development studies to identify and determine appropriate conditions and ranges of (critical) process parameters for chromatographic purification & separation. Identify deviations in the process and suggests possibilities for the root-cause as well as troubleshooting possibilities. Execute screening/development studies using high-throughput platforms. You will setup and maintain automated high-throughput data uptake, storage and analysis mechanisms/platforms. Translate high-throughput data results to higher-scales by following the appropriate scale-up/down approaches. Prepare process documentation, including work instructions and batch records for potential technology transfer to partners. Perform (preliminary) data analysis, reporting and presentation of the main conclusions to the DSP team and direct reporting line; suggest follow-up/improvement possibilities. Manage laboratory stocks and keep inventories up to date. Keep track of equipment status and/or maintenance. Keep systems in place for inventory/tracking of samples and process intermediates. Follow safety procedures, contribute to the maintenance of clean laboratory environment utilizing 5S principles.
- Master degree in bioengineering, biochemistry, bacteriology, chemical/biochemical engineering.
- Two years of professional experience.
- Previous experience in working with protein and/or glycoprotein purification (DSP) methods.
- Knowledge on- and affinity with: high-throughput platforms / liquid handling systems and downscale models.
- Is organized and methodic in data generation and handling (e.g. security and integrity).
- Knowledge of DoE and relevant statistical/modeling tools.
- Language skills: fluent English.
- Relevant software skills (e.g. Unicorn, SuperPro, JMP, MS Office, databases, sample management). Nice to have: programming skills.
Are you the Associate Scientist that I'm looking for? Please contact Femke Fokkema via 020 522 1588 or f.fokkema[at]realstaffing.com