One of our clients is looking for a Bioinformatician for 40 hours a week with a duration of 1 year.
Bioinformatician/ Computational Biologist
As team member of the CoE you will be the bioinformatic expert for the team to build the NGS knowledge center within the manufacturing division of MSD. You will bring in your unique expertise in the field of computational biology to complete the required set of skills and knowledge.
The Next Generation Sequencing technology will be used for metagenomics analysis for viral safety control of the biomanufacturing process. Dedicated lab protocols need to be developed in parallel with the corresponding bioinformatic analysis pipeline of the big data files. You may be involved in setting up the NGS laboratory. Your main responsibility will be to build the multi-step bioinformatic pipeline and required internal IT infrastructure. You work closely with bioinformaticians and data specialists in the MSD network.
- Work with an interdisciplinary team of scientists to perform analyses of meta-transcriptomic and meta-genomic data.
- Must have a proven track record using computational methods in at least one next generation sequencing modality.
- Very strong collaboration, organization, and communication skills are required.
- Must be passionate about building new capabilities in a GMP environment.
- 10% Travel.
- Required: MSc or PhD in computational biology, genomics, bioinformatics, biostatistics, or related field (e.g. molecular biology, microbiology) with a computational component.
- MSc or PhD with relevant experience in bioinformatic analysis of NGS data files.
- Programming experience (e.g. R and/or Python).
- Unix/Linux OS experience and Bash scripting.
- Experience working in a computing environment and managing data and workflows.
- Experience in any of the following areas: microbiome/microbiology, virology next generation sequencing data analysis, genomics, evolutionary biology, data science.
- Familiarity or experience with microbiome analysis tools (e.g. Mothur or Qiime) and genomics tools (e.g. Bowtie, BLAST).
- Experience in sequencing-based diagnostics.
- Experience working with version control tools such as git (e.g. GitHub, BitBucket).
- Familiarity or experience with relevant "bench" methods (e.g. PCR, sequencing library preparation, ELISA/ELISpot, FACS, microbial culturing).
- Communication in English and Dutch is preferred.
Are you the Bioinformatician that I'm ooking for? Please contact Femke Fokkema via 020 522 1588 or f.fokkema[at]realstaffing.com