One of our clients is looking for a Compliance Specialist for 40 hours in Oss.
The Compliance Specialist conduct periodic compliance reviews of capital projects, ensuring that procedures and guidelines are met. They prepare documentation of internal procedures utilizing practices and procedures, regulations, statutes and other third-party compliance resources. A Compliance Specialist performs due diligence visits and risk assessments. They also deal with non-routine tasks and confidential information. Works with moderate work direction and is skilled and knowledgeable to the position. This role will support the Project management team from design to financial closeout. The candidate must be knowledgeable of construction industry risks and current events. The role will include the review, verification, and analysis of information related to construction project activities. Responsibilities include creation and maintenance of audit work papers. Understands Contract Scope, terms and conditions, and applies this knowledge to downstream processes such as Change Management and Invoicing. Makes recommendations for best practices. Provides audit management with recommendations on audit scope. Responds to internal and external customers as needed in a service oriented manner. Consolidates results and recommendations in audit database repository, and follows-up on status. Communicates, in a timely manner, with responsible Project Team members.
- A Degree in Accounting, Engineering, Finance, or other relevant discipline.
- Experience 5+ of audit and/or construction industry experience. Advanced academic training or specialized knowledge in relevant areas may be considered in lieu of some or all experience.
- Incumbent must have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment, and be able to effectively interact with all levels of management.
- Has the ability to research invoice activity and comes with experience from the construction and engineering industry. In particular, the qualified candidate has a working knowledge of bid and award processes, contract agreements, change management, invoicing, cost reporting and schedule management.
- Excellent analytical skills, systems awareness, high level of data gathering tools, process mapping skills, and the ability to perform financial analysis. Knowledge of SOX Compliance. Excellent analytical and communication (verbal, written) skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. SAP experience strongly preferred.
Are you the Compliance Specialist that I'm looking for? Please contact Femke Fokkema via 020 522 1588 or f.fokkema[at]realstaffing.com