Currently I am looking for a Financial Analyst COSI for a pharmaceutical company in Haarlem. Job Description This position is part of the COSI (Cost of Sales and Inventory) matrix organization, which performs end to end activities from actual occurrence of a financial result till consolidation level in HQ.
Your main tasks in this temporary assignment will be:
Backfill other Financial Analysts and provide end to end business support for assigned entities:
- Maintain and create product cost according to US GAAP rules
- Control, analyze and report inventory movements, production results and source to settle variances on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that appropriate accounting is performed in financial statements
- Provide high level commentary and estimates for recurring events to stakeholders
- Analyze consolidated costs and above market results, investigate and resolve intercompany profit differences
- Develop product cost and analyze drivers of cost changes during the annual budget process, in close cooperation with stakeholders
- Continue to meet the S404 requirements, updating documentation and performing/enhancing existing controls
- Back-up of senior specialists or specialists as needed.
Furthermore, you may be assigned to project activities and ad-hoc requests:
- Identify and work on initiatives that improve cost control and/or increase efficiency
- Participate in cross-functional projects to support business improvements
- Address entity/divisional customer questions and ad-hoc requests
For this challenging position we require the following from you:
- A Bachelor's degree in finance combined with 1-3 years of experience in an analytical role.
- Experience with analysis of production within a financial system like SAP or other
- Previous practical experience of preparing accounts in accordance with US GAAP
- Improvement mindset; knowledge and experience with Lean Six Sigma is a pré
- Willingness to take on responsibility
- Goal-orientated; capable of making decisions; show initiative and be adaptive; open to change
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Customer-orientated; organized with good analytical skills; flexible in work hours
- Ability, willingness and flexibility to travel occasionally
- Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory
Are you the new accountant? Apply online or to speak to a consultant about this project, contact Lauren Dikmans via +31 (0)20 522 1588 or l.dikmans[at]realstaffing.com