FOr an interesting pharmaceutical company, specialised in rare disease, I am looking for a Freelance Medical Advisor.
About the opportunity
Real Staffing is seeking an experienced Medical Advisor who will identify, develop and maintain collaboration with current and future Rare Disease (RD) Key Opinion Leaders.
You will also be responsible to support the current Medical staffing with key projects.
This is a freelance project for +/- 6 months.
- Ensure that the latest information on relevant disease areas is available and communicated to the right audiences;
- Conduct internal medical education to enhance disease and product knowledge;
- Participate in/conduct medical education for KOL's, healthcare professionals through presentations at investigator meetings, advisory boards and 1 to 1 meetings to enhance product knowledge;
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with scientific societies and central decision makers at relevant health authorities in the Netherlands (support to other countries might be needed later);
- Remain updated on new competitive trends and product opportunities with the purpose of coordinating and reviewing the effectiveness of medical activities;
- Be proactive and provide input on marketing activities;
- Oversee analysis of competitor information and adjust medical activities accordingly;
- Support pricing and reimbursement applications and negotiations when needed;
- Ensure the development of core behaviours with a constant concern to meet legal, regulatory, ethical and social responsibility standards required by local laws and organizational policies, procedures and culture.
To excel in this role you will need to have:
- Essential education: Master degree in medicine or other life science;
- Desirable education: PhD degree in medicine, or other life science/Medical Doctor degree (background within other life science corners, like hospital care is also a possibility);
- Preferably knowledge of therapeutic areas such as Rare Diseases and Neurology
- Pharmaceutical industry experience;
- Experience in communication with medical authorities, hospitals, physicians/specialists and KOLs as well as other healthcare sector professionals;
- A successful track record of developing relationships with patient organizations and other key stakeholders is highly valued, but not neccessary;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to work well in both a team environment and independently;
- Team player and strong interpersonal skills;
- High initiative and problem-solving skills;
- Oral and written fluency in Dutch and English(desirable) & business level of Dutch.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Preferably a proven track record with phase 4 studies and ISSs;
- Preferably experience with compliance practices and knowledge of drug safety and regulatory affairs.
If you have any questions, want to talk a bit about this project, or are you not sure if you are eligable for it, let me know!
E: v.vanderhelm[@] realstaffing.com
T: 020-522 1588