Scientist mass spectrometry
One of our clients is looking for a Scientist for three major vaccine projects for 40 hours a week with a duration of 1 year beginning as soon as possible in the Leiden area.
You will work at the Bacterial Vaccines department which is working on the discovery and early development of novel vaccines for bacterial infectious diseases. Projects at the Bacterial Vaccines department are primarily structured on scientific and technical collaboration with external biotechnology partners (governmental and industrial) that are innovative leaders in their field. You will be expected to perform laboratory work in person and help contract research organizations plan and execute their assignments. The Bacterial Vaccines department is strengthening its analytical capabilities, which are centered mainly on carbohydrate and glycoprotein antigens. This position has therefore a strong focus on mass spectrometric expertise.
The client is looking for a scientist who can analyze carbohydrate-, protein-, or glycoconjugate-based antigens. You need to implement and improve established tests. You need to design, lead and perform mass spectrometry-based experiments and analyses. Besides that you need to execute high-resolution MS experiments and perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting of the instruments. You need to apply state-of-the art analytical chemistry to ensure a targeted approach to problem solving and delivering relevant results.
- Startdate: ASAP
- Hours a week: 40 hours
- Location: Leiden (The Netherlands)
- PhD or Master degree with equivalent experience
- Experience with mass spectrometry of carbohydrates, proteins and glycoconjugates
- 2-5 years of professional experience
- Knowledge of assay qualification and validation
- A strong knowledge of analytical literature, with emphasis on carbohydrates and glycopeptides.
- Hands on expertise on structural elucidation of bacterial polysaccharides.
- Good experience and knowledge on chemical transformation of bacterial oligosacharides.
- An expert on maintaining and setting up experiments on mass spectrometers.
- Compliance with regulatory requirements, GMP and safety.
Are you the Scientist I'm looking for? Please contact Femke Fokkema via +31 (0)20 522 1588 or f.fokkema[at]realstaffing.com