System Administrator - Amsterdam - Fulltime Permanent position
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Administer Systems, upgrade infrastructure, configure security, maintain systems, optimize and tune systems, and administer change for assigned network, server, and application environments. System infrastructure consists of all systems and applications that comprise infrastructure technologies. These include, but are not limited to network systems, storage systems (SAN, tape, backup), server technology, virtualization, operating systems, system management, security, authentication, messaging, database platforms, and file/print services.
- Apply technical expertise in the administration of systems infrastructure and network maintenance
- Manage security systems and processes.
- Develop and document support processes for system infrastructure
- Support and administer IT General Controls for system infrastructure
- Design support processes and provide administration for infrastructure environments including; networking, firewalls, storage, virtualization, servers, databases, collaboration systems, service level management, system and performance monitoring, tuning and optimization, and implementation of changes.
- Lead system integration projects resulting from Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Administer device and application configurations per system infrastructure requirements
- Manage system infrastructure releases to production environments per release processes
- Lead disaster recovery testing as it pertains to assigned network and system infrastructure systems
- Insure accurate documentation is created and maintained surrounding assigned infrastructure systems
- Other tasks as assigned
- After hours and weekend work may be required
- Position participates in 24x7x365 on-call rotation
- Travel is required. (<10%)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in a systems administration role with increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience working in a highly regulated and controlled environment required
- Experience providing solutions to a wide variety of difficult problems
- Complete understanding of network, storage, virtualization, server and database administration skills
- Strong knowledge of network technologies (LAN, WAN, VPN, Firewalls)
- Strong knowledge of telecommunication systems (VoIP, SIP, T1, T3, Voice Gateways)
- Strong knowledge of storage technologies (SAN, NAS, Tape, Backup Software).
- Strong knowledge of virtualization technologies (Server Virtualization, Thin Client)
- Strong knowledge of server technologies (Rack, Blade, Operating System, Systems Management Tools)
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory implementations / administration
- Strong knowledge of messaging and collaboration implementations/administration
- Strong knowledge of endpoint systems including desktop/laptops, mobile devices, printers, client operating systems, client applications, etc.
- Primary written and oral communication will be in English
Interested in the position? Please apply by sending your CV to Shaneequa Ho A Tham via s.hoatham(@)realstaffing.com.